The Madison City Youth Orchestra was established in July, 2013. Our mission is to help area musicians ages 5-18, regardless of ability level or need, develop full potentials as orchestra performers. We do this by providing a laid back, accepting environment, skilled and experienced conductors and interns, quality music education programs, engaging repertoire, and ample performance opportunities and community collaborations for students to have fun, excel, and succeed.
To meet its mission, the Madison City Youth Orchestra has the following goals:
* To bring together area musicians of all ages and stages to rehearse and perform under the leadership of skilled conductors, master-class, and sectional instructors
* To further students' appreciation and understanding of music by exposing them to, and allowing them to rehearse and perform, multiple genres of repertoire
* To support, extend, and enhance local public/private school music programs, as well as to provide home-school students with an opportunity to participate in an orchestra/ensemble setting
* To provide experience rehearsing and performing with different types of ensembles, mixed ages, and mixed teaching styles
* To develop a large, interactive audience for MCYO through outreach and collaboration in the community